Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken
Peanut butter and chicken? You really can’t go wrong here…
8 skinless chicken thighs (you can also use boneless skinless breasts, but the bone adds tenderness and flavor. Unless you are in prep, go with bone in. We wouldn’t steer you wrong!)
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4c mild salsa
- 1/3c smooth peanut butter
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or fish sauce
- 2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Season chicken with fresh ground black pepper and place in slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for eight hours.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken and place on serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges.
Nutrition for 4 servings using boneless chicken thighs
- Total Fat: 20g
- Total Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Protein: 25 grams
This recipe was provided by Kris Pisarcik. A cancer survivor, competitive bodybuilder, and personal trainer for over 10 years, Kris knows what it takes to be healthy.
Kris says, ” I am extremely passionate and motivated by delivering results to my clients, and take a genuine interest in their success. I firmly believe you only get out what you put in and with full commitment and giving it 100%, you will achieve the goals you have set out to accomplish!”
Kris is available for Online Coaching and In Person Training.